Standards & Practices
Notice About All Web Sites Operated by Taos Music & Art, Inc., Third Party Web Sites, Fair Use, Content and Products and Services.
Notice of Copyright Infringement
Our policy is to comply with all intellectual property laws and to act expeditiously upon receiving any notice of claimed infringement. If you believe that your work has been reproduced on this Web Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice of copyright infringement containing all of the following information: •
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner for the purposes of the complaint.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. Identification of the material on our Web Site that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. •
3. The address, telephone number or e-mail address of the complaining party. •
4. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law. •
5. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice of copyright infringement is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.
All notices of possible copyright infringement should be sent to:
Mr. Neil Sussman
Attorney at Law
10751 Densmore Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98133
Fair Use Notice
Certain sites owned and operated by Taos Music & Art, Inc. (TMA), a New Mexico corporation, contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. TMA is making such material available in TMAs efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Advertising Terms and Conditions
Advertising through the web pages owned by Taos Music & Art, Inc. (TMA herein), specifically taosplaza.com, are subject to the following terms and conditions:
• All advertising material is subject to approval by TMA, who reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement deemed to be unsuitable for any reason.
• Fees paid for advertising are non-refundable unless the advertisement is cancelled prior to the commencement of the advertising campaign, which is defined as the moment the advertisement is first published on the Internet.
• Advertising space is subject to limited availability and will be handed out on a first-come first-served basis. Once all of the available advertising slots are filled, further advertisements are queued (stored off-line) until the next available slot becomes available. Someone will notify queued advertisers of the estimated time that their advertisement will make it on-line as well as the date it actually goes on-line.
• These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. Updates will be made available here.
• Rates (fees) are subject to change without prior notice. Only new or renewed contracts are affected when rates change.
• An Impression is defined as anytime an advertisement is displayed to a visitor of our web site(s).
• A Click is defined as anytime an advertisement is clicked by a visitor of our web site (s).
• TMA is not bound to comply with advertiser instructions if they conflict with established policies.
• All advertisements are positioned according to rules dictated by TMA. Specifically, advertisements are positioned according to “zones” selectable by the advertiser at the time of purchase. The advertisements in these zones vary in size and position on the various web sites where they will appear.
• The advertiser and any associated company(ies)/agency(ies) acknowledge that they own the rights and permissions to publish submitted material on the Internet. They grant such rights to TMA and such grant of rights does not infringe on or violate the rights of any other persons, companies or entities. The advertiser and any associated company(ies)/agency(ies) all agree jointly and severally to indemnify and save harmless TMA against all damage, loss, expense and liability of any nature (including all court costs, expenses and attorney fees), arising from our use of the advertiser’s submitted content of any kind on the Internet or in any other manner.
• TMA assumes no liability for errors in materials. Upon notification, reasonable attempts will be made to correct any errors that may appear.
• TMA reserves the right to refuse or postpone the display of submitted advertising content until all monies have been received (including the clearing of bank checks) in full and advertising space becomes available.
• TMA is not liable for delays in publishing or failure to publish submitted advertising content in the event of circumstances beyond the control of TMA. Acceptance by the advertiser and any associated company(ies) or agency(ies) of these terms and conditions is implied upon the receipt of submitted advertising material and/or monies by TMA.